UPDATES for NEW and CURRENT Patients
UPDATES for NEW and CURRENT Patients
Dr Merrifield’s practice offers:
- Consultation care
- Building Health Teams that meet the needs of the patient
Dr. Merrifield has practiced Functional, Integrated, Restorative Medicine (FIRM) in Richland WA since 1997.She is an Out of Network Provider, cash practice, since 2009. She wil help get you reimbursement from your insurance carrier according to your plan.
Dr. Merrifield’s mission is to utilize her decades of skill, enhanced training, and experience to create a personalized, precise, trackable, science-based, health plan for each patient.
Integrated Functional Medicine care involves investigating imbalances at the physical, intellectual, emotional, and ‘big picture’ levels. It offers many options based on a patient’s past history, family history and testing outcomes.
All patients will need a separate Primary Care Physician/Provider to be part of their core Health Care Team.
This provides a cost saving to each patient by using an insurance covered provider for:
- Urgent care when Dr Merrifield is unavailable
- Dexa scans
- Routine prescriptions from local pharmacies
- Referrals to specialists/Physical therapy if your insurance requires an In-Network provider
- Annual Health Exams/Paps/Mammograms
ACTIONS FROM PATIENTS
Please bring copies of your visits, lab tests, referrals, imaging, etc. from providers you have seen to your appointment for Dr. Merrifield. See below for a list of what she would like you to bring. Number 7 under "What can I do NOW?'
She will integrate the information with functional medical tests specific to your needs. Dr. Merrifield will not have time to review other providers reports in your portals or read through a stack of reports sent before your visit due to time. If Dr. Merrifield orders tests, makes a referral, etc., she will review and act on the results as is customary in medical practice.
SOME OF THE INTEGRATED MEDICINE SERVICES Dr. Merrifield provides
- Gut Microbiome, Infection, Food Sensitivity and Neurotransmitter Testing
- BHRT Hormonal and Adrenal testing (e.g.Diagnos-Techs.com)Low Dose Naltrexone (LDNresearchtrust.org and youtube: “LDN Story”)
- Prolo-therapy for pain, with or without PRP
- Non-traumatic Skin Rejuvenation, including the use of PRP
- Optimal Nutrition: based on specific patient needs and testing such as alkaline, Keto, Intermittent Fasting, Paleo, etc.
- Vetted and Recommended Nutrients (drmerrifield.com MyNutrients eStores)
- Calcium Artery Scan Referrals with extended Labs e.g. Boston Heart
- BrainSpan Cellular Health (Brainspan.com)
- Thermograms to augment Mammograms
Q. Dr M, What can I do NOW?
1: Self-education: Read through Dr M’s website: drmerrifield.com
- Save time and costs by learning about the practice.
- Decrease refined/processed foods, sugars, soda and modern grains. If it does not grow mold or bacteria, it has little life force. Ie donuts, pop, french fries, candy, ...
2: Read about the BrainSpan test at mybrainspan.com as this is a baseline test for optimal health.
It will give you CLEAR quidelines as how to markerly improve your health. test
- “What is the BrainSpan test & the Importance of Testing the cell membranes for essential fatty acids.”
3: A new cost/time effective option is now available for those who wish specific testing.
- This will allow information to be gathered and shared without a longer in depth appointment. You will be given the professional pricing of the tests which means the cost savings to you is optimal. You may use your insurance or HSA plan to cover the cost.
- Brainspan ($149) mybrainspan.com BrainSpan is a unique Test. it measures specific RBC
3 fatty acid blood makers in the membranes of the cells,( much like a HBAic test for diabetes), 4 cognitive functional metrics, and a 10 page custom/personalized report. This is BASE test for all. Dementia, Inflammation, pain, ADHD, Heart....
- Adrenal ($150), Hormone for men and women ($150) Diagnos-techs.com https://www.diagnostechs.com/about-us/testimonials/
- Galleri ($949) Galleri.com The Galleri multi-cancer early detection test detects more than 50 types of cancer, many of which are not commonly screened for today. With a simple blood draw, the Galleri test provides early detection insights that help you be proactive about your health. This can then be shared with you primary care provider or health care team for followup.
- Calcium Artery Scan Referrals with extended Labs e.g. Boston Heart for genetic risk markers
- You will be asked to email us specific information re your history, diet, meds and nutrients taken.
- Dr Merrifield will review and suggest which test would be the most cost effective for you.
- You will be emailed her assessment and recommendation.
- You will be given a kit to do at home or come in for a blood draw.
- A set of Chart tabs (a $10 value) to organize your medical records, a bottle of Multivitamin-Minerals (a $46 value) to get started and key handouts for guidance. will be included
- The first fee for her time and expertise for review of your records and assessment will be $200 paid in advance.
- If you decide to proceed with testing, Dr Merrifield will review and recommend a plan once the test results are received which will be emailed to you with copies of your test results. The cost for this portion will be will be $200 plus the cost of the test as indicated above.
4: Enroll in the discounted and vetted MyNutrients e-Stores on the website
- Explore the options of the discounted, professionally formulated high quality nutrients used in the practice plus more
- Xymogen/WholeScripts and Designs for Health and are Dr Merrifield’s top tier nutraceutical houses
- Designs for Health (drmerrifield.ehealthpro.com) FIRST20NOW gives you 20% your first order and 15% off all subsequent orders using DRMERRIFIELD15 shipping with free shipping on all orders.
- Xymogen /WholeScripts will be made available for established patients
- You can cost-compare at our ‘warehouse’ stores Wellevate, Fullscript and WholeScripts.
- It is easy to sign up with your email address and a password
- Receive up to a 15% discount from retail on most of her website e stores
5: Read up on some of the websites that we use for testing
6: Read through the website T-Tapp.com
- An optimal time and cost efficient exercise/strength plan for all ages
7. Secure a Primary Care Physician accepted by your insurance carrier
- All patients need a primary care physician as Dr Merrifield works part time, writes and travels.
- She will continue to provide additional primary care for her long term patients.
- Your primary care physician can order up standard diagnostics (e.g., mammograms, eye exams, colonoscopies, paps, Dexa scans, Basic & Expanded Labs) and do your physical exam.
- Using a primary care provider who is in the insurance system can save you money by getting the basics done. This gives Dr Merrifield more time to review areas that conventional medicine does not know about or does not have the time to explore the importance of.
- Here is a list of labs and screens that Dr Merrifield would like you to bring or email in (past and current)
- Note: Your primary care can order them or Dr Merrifield will order them as needed.
- BASIC LABS: CBC, Chem panel, CRP-HS, Fibrinogen, LPa, Fasting Lipids
- THYROID: fT3, fT4, TSH and anti-thyroid antibodies if you have not had them
- Annual Health Exam summaries
- Any consultants summary notes from referrals
- Colonoscopies, mammograms, DEXA bone scans, EKG, as age appropriate
- Any specialty tests for hormones, adrenal, gut, heart….
- A list of prescription and over the counter meds and how often you take them
- A food and drink week long diary with times and amount. If you are an emotional eater then add what emotions were associated with eating.
- Bring copies of these visits and tests to your Review, and/or have them sent to this office. Dr Merrifield will then spend time with you organizing a plan and adding in Functional tests such as Adrenal, Gut, Neurotransmitters, Boston Heart, Tissue Hormone levels, BrainSpan (cell membrane biopsy using a blood spot) tests, as appropriate, etc. or Galleri cancer screen .
Q. How do I know if Dr. Merrifield’s approach is right for me?
If the answer is “YES” to the following questions this model will likely be a good fit.
Yes___No___ Do you feel at risk for sub-optimal health now or have a future concern? Make a personalized list of what you want to change or mitigate: fatigue, pain, hormonal imbalance, heart/stroke, dementia, nerve conditions, thin hair, etc
Yes___No___ Do you have health insurance and/or long term care coverage? Up to 85 percent of all chronic disease is preventable through lifestyle changes and appropriate testing now. Dementia care is currently costs $7-10,000/month
Yes___No___ Do you have the resources to pay for integrative medical tests/data and group or individual visits? (Insurance may or not pay for part or all of the visits). Dr. Merrifield gives you her physician cost on tests. She also gives a Medicare discount.
Yes___No___ Do you have support from your family, community, friends, etc., to make meaningful life-style changes?
Yes___No___ Do you believe if you have this information/data and support to make changes, your life and health will be better?
Yes___No___ Do you have a Primary Care provider who can help gather basic data and be part of your team?
Integrative medicine may challenge your old beliefs at many levels. The testing will uncover information that you may not have had before. It is a challenge, but also an opportunity. Only YOU can decide whether to embark on this journey to well-being. We are here, as part of your health team, to help in your quest for a better quality of life.
Beliefs are based on up-bringing and culture. Your thinking has got you to this point in your life. By ‘watching’ or being aware of your thoughts and perceptions, you can choose differently, choosing an alternate path. Beliefs govern thoughts and perceptions, which lead to actions and outcomes that reinforce those beliefs.
Dr. Merrifield has been studying this type of medicine and care for over two decades. She looks at each person as their own multilayer, “3-D puzzle”. She will invest her time, skills, knowledge, experience and recommendations to the extent that you are willing to invest your time, resources and follow-through to recover your health and decrease risk as you age.
In general, it takes 4 years to create a new physical body. Your body transforms from a newborn, to a 4-year old toddler, to an 8-year old child, to a preadolescent, to a teenager and will continue as you age and take the “hits of life”.
This approach mandates a meaningful lifestyle commitment and is not a quick fix program. While many experience positive health benefits within weeks of incorporating these new principles, you are making a commitment to a better Life via lifelong changes.You can see results within weeks depending on the severity and chronicity of your health issues. Most start to see positive effects in the first 3-6 months. We ask that you choose to commit to a minimum of six months, then recommit in six month blocks up to 48 months and beyond. You are getting a Phd In YOU!